Rural schools educate about 15% of Utah’s students, spread over a wide and varied geography.
Improve instruction in rural elementary and secondary schools.
Advocate for educational equity and adequacy in Utah's rural schools.
* Help rural schools and districts identify and meet their educational goals.
* Improve communication among rural schools, the State Office of Education, and institutions of higher learning.
* Coordinate programs and activities, provide sharing of services, resources and information among URSA members.
* Provide a unified voice to all citizenry, local boards, elected public officials, and legislative bodies that impact Utah's rural schools.
* Encourage the development of stronger pre-service and in-service training of teachers and administrators.